• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New idea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sgt3201

(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.
I have an idea for a product, which I would like to manufacture and sell by starting my own business. I previously contacted a patent attorney who advised me my idea was not original, but that I had only discovered another use for the item. I would like to continue pursuing this endeavor and need to investigate methods of producing and manufacturing the item. I will have to meet and query persons in the trade who have the knowledge and equipment I would need to start my business, but am anxious about revealing my idea without any protection. Could you please advise me of the proper steps I need to take to ensure that some kind of safeguard is in effect before I continue. Thank you very much for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">