• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about minor employment...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ganimex

Ok here it is,

So, I am trying to find out if a minor (17) is legally allowed in the state of Ohio to manage a business without adult supervision. I already know for a fact that the company I work for does not enforce minor labor laws. (no minors are required to take a 30 minute break) some do take them by choice but it is never actually enforced. I also need to know who I should call about this.

I'll be looking forward to seeing some answers to these questions.

Thanks!!

btw the company is a movie theater with hundreds of guests and 5 - 10 employees on the clock.

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

http://198.234.41.198/w3/webwh.nsf/allbykey/0A2CC2509843265A852566180051AF2E]Ohio Minor Wage Law

ohio minor wage law.

Full rules to minor employment

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4109

Banned_Princess

Ok here it is,

So, I am trying to find out if a minor (17) is legally allowed in the state of Ohio to manage a business without adult supervision.
It appears they can.

I already know for a fact that the company I work for does not enforce minor labor laws. (no minors are required to take a 30 minute break) some do take them by choice but it is never actually enforced. I also need to know who I should call about this.
Ohio's bureau of labor and work safety the first link.

btw the company is a movie theater with hundreds of guests and 5 - 10 employees on the clock
So what?

ganimex

The reason I felt I should mention the facility is that if something were to happen (robbery, medical issue, ect...) will a minor be able to handle the situation. What if the minor is hurt somehow? That is why I felt the conditions were important.

Banned_Princess

The reason I felt I should mention the facility is that if something were to happen (robbery, medical issue, ect...) will a minor be able to handle the situation. What if the minor is hurt somehow? That is why I felt the conditions were important.
The minor should have enough sense to cooperate with the robber and not be hurt. They should also by the age of 17 know the number 911 of not personally, then at least that it exists.

If a minor is hurt on the job (a job like the one you described) then said minor can get disability while appropriate.

You haven't really mentioned any real or serious violations, so you can report what you want, but I doubt there will be any consequences suffered by the business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">