• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arbitration after breach of contract. Plaintiff never got our filling.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jesse Smith

What is the name of your state? Oregon

So last year a friend of mine move in to a house and me and another friend co-signed with her on a rental agreement. She moved out before the date the contract said she could move out.

They filed for mandatory arbitration for $3,430.77, and we filed our legal response, the motion/answer back in May.

Since then, we've been waiting for a date for the mandatory arbitration. Instead, yesterday I got a judgment document that said...

'Based upon the Order of Default entered herein and there being no just reason for delay, final judgment shall be entered against Defendants.'

They never even got our legal response! Is there any thing we can do about this??

Also, it says 'Limited judgment as to Jesse Smith only' and the two other co-signers names have been crossed of. Why would they do that? (Would it just be because I'm the only person who they know the address of.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">