• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

good nurse fired trumped charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marielou

I am a nurse that was fired from a very small community hospital in Illinois. They cited reasons from the policy manual. timecard fraud and falsification of timecard. I have valid docmentation to disprove these claims. They said I have no recourse. I am an at will employee. I know they have wanted me to quit for sometime. I do everything by the book. Which at times brings things to light that they would like to hide. why would they make up something that is so easily disproved instead of firing me for no reason. I must fight to clear my name. this is a very small community. I work well with all but the few bad apples. I have consultated with 2 gen. practice attorneys. the one in the same town believes he can get my job back for contingency.(what is the%) I also contacted an employment atty,they want $300 for consultation. What can I recoup for? I am recieving unemployment,does that have to be subtracted from lost wages? should I wait until the limit to file has run out& how long is that?

A

Attorney_Replogle

You are on the right road. You just need to ask these questions of local employment law attorneys. The answers to these same questions will get different answers based on the state, as well as from county to county. More to the point, what amount your attorney should get as a contingency is not set by law. That is something you have to work out with him. In big cities it can be as much as 40%. Next, don't wait until the last day to file and then do something. You are always better off acting now rather than tomorrow. Unemployment compensation is always yours and is never subtracted from any proposed or actual settlement amount. What amount of money you should seek from the attorney is a question that you and your attorney have to work out. To find attorneys who may give you a free consultation go to https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">