• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reversed into a Security Guard's Car in Texas and then Left the Country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

norixism

Back in 2005 I was in a mall parking lot and when reversing accidently dented a security guard's car. The security guard called the cops, who came, saw the damage (which was a small dent on the bumper) and gave me a ticket. The cop told me to plead not guilty and that he wouldn't show up in court.

The date came, I plead not guilty and requested a trial by judge. The court date came, however due to some reasons I was unable to attend the court date and within a week or so I left the country because I was moving out.

Now, four years later, I am coming back to America. What I am wondering is that will I have a warrant out for my arrest in Texas? Will this warrant apply for all of America?

Thanks in advance,

Norix

ecmst12

Unlikely but very likely that you owe a very large fine, not to mention you will owe for the damage you caused if your insurance at the time did not cover it.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
At the very least I'd think your driving privilege is suspended. I wouldn't be driving unless you want to get arrested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">