• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forced resignation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

browneyes_lm63

my employer handed me two choices after charging me with giving students at our school free snacks/food/drinks. i know i didn't do this but he says video cameras have been compared to selective students lunch accounts and he says the proof is there. i have the choice to resign or he would be my judge and jury and the district attorney and the school board would be brought in and i could face charges. i may have unknowingly left items pass by but never intentionally, especialy with my own children or those of my friends. i was fully aware of the video camers. may i add that i angered my employer by questioning his authority in a grievence that i filed two years ago. the person whom the grievence would have directly affected was part of the "investigating team". i was not allowed to view the video tapes and the paper he showed me was a statement prepared by someone, not the original computer read out from each childs account. what are my chances of proving my innosence? if i resign what are my options to pursue forced resignation? in pa

[Edited by browneyes_lm63 on 04-13-2001 at 12:03 AM]

A

Attorney_Replogle

Unless your state's laws are quite different from CA (where I practice) you really have no rights per se to see those tapes, prepare a defense, question witnesses, etc., unless such rights are explicity given to you by your employer's policy manual. So, unless you really want to pay a lot of money to an attorney to try and prove your innocence it is seldom worth it. It is best to take whatever severance money, if any, they offer and move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">