• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"cool down" period with contracts in Colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

betterride

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I made the mistake of signing a contract and paying for a service on Friday. I called today and asked for a refund as they have not provided any of the service yet and they will not refund my payment. Do I have any recourse? I take full responsibility for signing the contract and not researching the company (which has over 20 active complaints with the Better Business Bureau) but now that I know they are scam artists I would love my money back.

Was it an unsolicited sale? Did you buy something that was being sold door-to-door or did you go to purchase it? Generally in Colorado, there is a Buyer's Remorse period of 3 days if the sale was door-to-door over $25, under Federal law. The website I got this from is www.blog.laborlawtalk.com/2006/12/05/colorado-buyers-remorse-laws/ . Hope that helps.

Remember, you must cancel IN WRITING, the postmark by the third day. No calling, email, etc. It doesn't count if it's not done in writing. I do not know if weekends count in the 3 day period. You may be out of luck if you pass the 3 day mark. If you've passed the 3 day mark and have not contacted them to cancel in writing, contact the BBB to see if they will help with resolution.

Good luck.

Hot Topic

The BBB may act as mediator between the two parties; however, they don't have the legal right to force either side to do what they don't want to do.

betterride

Hi Jessie's Girl,

I was solicited over the phone then went to their office for a sales presentation. So I am not sure if that falls under the law or not.

Thanks,

Gene

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">