• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyer grievences

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seriouslywow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

think I'm posting in the right place... if not please direct me.

I hired a lawyer for a custody case. My first motion filed to the courts by my lawyer asked for the other parent to reimburse me with their half of the medical bills that I had already paid in full. The case went on for over a year, with this topic never getting answered/ordered. I reminded and gave the lawyer multiple copies of these bills/reciepts/etc upon her request. The final court date ended without it coming up to the judge. I then asked her to ask the judge under the 5 day rule to make a ruling on the bills, this never happened.
Can I file a grievence with the state bar? What should I do? I think that now I will have to make a separate motion to have this issue ruled on, after paying the lawyer that I hired thousands of dollars.

Thanks for your help.

Hot Topic

You can file a grievance with the State Bar; however, it doesn't automatically follow that the attorney will be reprimanded or suspended.

I assume you have something in writing that calls for the reimbursement, that it's not something you expect to be done but something that has been ordered to be done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">