• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cashier's Check vs Atty's Trust Fund Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FromAtoY

In Georgia.

Question: At the other person's attorney's office I am to receive a settlement check in exchange for signing a release on his client's property. Should I insist on a cashier's check or is an attorney's trust fund check secure? Which is more secure? The attorney and his office check out as reliable.

Thanks!

Antigone*

In Georgia.

Question: At the other person's attorney's office I am to receive a settlement check in exchange for signing a release on his client's property. Should I insist on a cashier's check or is an attorney's trust fund check secure? Which is more secure? The attorney and his office check out as reliable.

Thanks!
The State Bar frowns on attorneys who bounced checks on their trust account. Your bank will treat it the same whether it you take the attorney's check or a cashier's check when it comes to availability.

FromAtoY

Thanks

I appreciate the comment. I guess the attorney's trust fund check is as good as his name and office. Which, as I research, seems to be reliable.
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">