• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right to speedy trial for moving violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Beery Swine

Dallas, TX

When I went to the constable precinct more than 7 days after recieving the ticket to set up a trial date for failing to drive in a single lane,it was scheduled for 62 or 63 days later, depending whether you started counting the day of or after it was set.

What, if any, rights to a speedy trial do you have for this type of case in TX, what recourse do I have, if I have none would it have been better to appear within 7 days and how would one go about filing for a dismissal on speedy trial violation?

I'm a broke a-- n---- (don't know forum policy concerning language) and I don't really know anything about the inner workings of the legal system.

FlyingRon

Even if this were a crime, speedy in Texas is defined as a 180 days.
A traffic ticket doesn't reflect a criminal charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">