• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stupid Curbs!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tenebras_rex

On cape cod Massachusetts we have these sharp granite curbs everywhere that cause flat tires for tons of people here. I was wondering if we could sue the town for all the gosh darn damages these curbs cost from year to year.

seniorjudge

On cape cod Massachusetts we have these sharp granite curbs everywhere that cause flat tires for tons of people here. I was wondering if we could sue the town for all the gosh darn damages these curbs cost from year to year.
Sure. And while you're at it, sue God for all the ice, snow, heat, rain, etc. that causes all those problems.

But ... one thing could be DON'T RUN INTO THE CURBS!!!

Just Blue

How about driving more carefully so that you don't hit stationary objects..like those darn curbs??

ecmst12

The usual answer is sure you can sue, but you won't win. However since this is the government we're talking about here, you probably can't even file the suit.

The usual answer is sure you can sue, but you won't win. However since this is the government we're talking about here, you probably can't even file the suit.
Agreed....you cannot demonstrate, nor would a court find that the curb was a/the proximate cause of the damage. The proximate cause would be the weather or your driving.

Country Living

I'm pretty sure the cause of the accident would be the driver because a weather-related accident may mean the driver was going too fast for conditions.

There could always be a mechanical reason - a recent accident in this area involved a truck going into the lake because a tie rod broke. Neither the lake nor the driver were found to be at fault. ;)

TigerD

Only in Massachusetts can a driver hit a curb and blame the curb for the damage.

I'm chuckling because I think the poster was actually serious and not just another troll.

DC

Mass_Shyster

Only in Massachusetts can a driver hit a curb and blame the curb for the damage.

I'm chuckling because I think the poster was actually serious and not just another troll.

DC
If the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court holds a landowner liable for a slip and fall accident on naturally occurring snow, why not hold the state liable for sharp edges on a stationary object.

You Are Guilty

I have a similar problem

On cape cod Massachusetts we have these sharp little children playing in the streets everywhere that cause flat tires for tons of people here. I was wondering if we could sue the town for all the gosh darn damages these children cost from year to year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">