• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who should pay for the damage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tisaac2

New York

I planned a family trip to Jersey Shore for my son's birthday. We didn't have enough vehicles to get everyone there. My mom took it upon herself to call one of my friends that morning to ask him for his car borrowed. He later text me an told me my mom asked him for the car and do we still need it? I text back 'yes'. He drove the vehicle to my mom's house and picked up my brother's friend (Kevin) who was going to be the driver of the car. Kevin then drove my friend back to his house and took the car. Kevin took the car and told my friend "Don't worry I'll take good care of your baby (car)." On the way to Jersey Shore Kevin got into an accident with the car. He claimed he started feeling sleepy and his foot slipped off the break rear ending the car in front of him; causing some damage to the other vehicle but most to my friend's car.
My friend only has liability insurance. Kevin has made comments to my siblings that he feels bad about what happended and would help to fix the car but so far has avoided both myself and the owner of the vehicle.
I felt guilty about the incident and already paid the total $1,500 to fix the vehicle :(. My question is who is liable for fixing the vehicle in this situation?:confused:

Last edited:

JustAPal00

Kevin 100%! He was the driver that caused the accident. If you or anyone else wants to help him pay for it, it is out of the kindness of your own hearts!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">