• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can you be fired for anything?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sjj

from massachusettes,my friend was fired without any previous warnings verbal or written for over using his e-mails. He was also told not to have contact with another employee in another department because his boss felt like my friend and this employee could sabatoge the bosses success running a project that they were all involved in. My friend did keep in touch with this employee despite his order not to. He was also told my HR that he could be fired for anything because he was an employee at will and not in a protected class. Can this happen? Can you force people not to talk to each other? can you tell a white male that he is not in a protected class?

A

Attorney_Replogle

Yes your friend can be fired at any time, wtih or without a reason. That is the essence of being an at-will employee. Further, as a white male, unless he is gay or over 40 years of age, or the matter involves his religion, then let the discrimination began! That is life in America.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">