• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Faith Claim Reason Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyone945

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
Hi,

I was in an auto accident where another driver ran a stop sign and hit my 2008 truck on 06/19/2010. My truck has been getting repaired since 06/21/2010 with alot of damage; about $10 grand. My insurance company is stating that there wasn't any frame damage or enough $ to hit the threshold to total the vehicle. My question is my insurance company has not been in touch with me and it has been almost 60 days. I finally filed a complaint with the Consumer Affairs IL Division with my Insurance company wanting to know why is it taking almost 60 days to repair my vehicle and is there anyone monitoring the $ threshold to ensure that it doesn't reach the total limit amount. The repair shop says the reason it is taking this long is because there were a lot of repairs to be done and parts to be ordered. Is there any negligence on the the insurance company regarding my claim, if I feel that the truck should have been totalled instead of being repaired. Also, is there negligence if there was a possiblity that the Insurance company wasn't properly giving prior approval to the repairs on the vehicle to ensure that the repairs should be continued?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">