• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I get my truck back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LovesAnimals

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

To trick my exhusband during our divore I wrote an agreement with a guy I dated stating that he would take over payments of the truck and at the time the lien was satisfied he would take ownership of the truck. We broke up but i continued to let him drive the truck if he indeed made the payments. He has not made one payment ever.

I have asked several times for him to return my truck and he refuses. I tried to report stollen but because I "gave him permission" I could not.

I'm pretty sure that aggreement is not legal because the bank owns the truck really so i can't sell but what can I do?

I sent a certified return reciept letter to him resinding permission of driving the truck plus stating the agreeement was null and void because no payment was ever recieved and ownership was only to take place after the lien was satisfied. I stated he had to park it in a legal spot and tell me where it was and if he failed to do so the truck would be considered stolen.

will this really work? he's hiding the truck out and won't return it and I don't know what to do??? please someone help!!!! I can't believe this is happening not in a million years... any advise would be greatly appreciated please.

Thanks,
LovesAnimals

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

To trick my exhusband during our divore I wrote an agreement with a guy I dated stating that he would take over payments of the truck and at the time the lien was satisfied he would take ownership of the truck. We broke up but i continued to let him drive the truck if he indeed made the payments. He has not made one payment ever.

I have asked several times for him to return my truck and he refuses. I tried to report stollen but because I "gave him permission" I could not.

I'm pretty sure that aggreement is not legal because the bank owns the truck really so i can't sell but what can I do?

I sent a certified return reciept letter to him resinding permission of driving the truck plus stating the agreeement was null and void because no payment was ever recieved and ownership was only to take place after the lien was satisfied. I stated he had to park it in a legal spot and tell me where it was and if he failed to do so the truck would be considered stolen.

will this really work? he's hiding the truck out and won't return it and I don't know what to do??? please someone help!!!! I can't believe this is happening not in a million years... any advise would be greatly appreciated please.

Thanks,
LovesAnimals
You've already asked this question: https://forum.freeadvice.com/consumer-contracts-guarantees-warranties-22/why-isnt-my-truck-considered-stolen-525816.html

I really get a kick out of the fact that you tried to screw (figuratively speaking) your stbx-husband, yet you're shocked that someone screwed you!
This is an excellent example of Karma ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">