• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mzungu80

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
I was recently wrongfully terminated from a job where I was working with individuals who had disabilities. I was working with a man who I was only assigned to occasionally. I wasn't aware that his full time staff had been failing to administer a one of his primary medications to control panic attacks and hallucinations. I did my job that day as I always do, bathing him, cooking for him and talking to him. But near the end of my shift, he attacked his housemate, without warning, because he said the housemate was planning on killing him. Another staff and I physically tore the two apart and no one was injured. But a week later, never hearing from my supervisor that I had done anything wrong, he called me in and said I was fired because I didn't do enough to prevent the attack. I was never even warned that my client was violent nor trained on how to prevent it. Can my supervisor fire me?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Assuming you don't have an enforceable employment contract that states otherwise, yes you can be fired. This is not a wrongful termination according to the legal definition of "wrongful".

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
I was recently wrongfully terminated from a job where I was working with individuals who had disabilities. I was working with a man who I was only assigned to occasionally. I wasn't aware that his full time staff had been failing to administer a one of his primary medications to control panic attacks and hallucinations. I did my job that day as I always do, bathing him, cooking for him and talking to him. But near the end of my shift, he attacked his housemate, without warning, because he said the housemate was planning on killing him. Another staff and I physically tore the two apart and no one was injured. But a week later, never hearing from my supervisor that I had done anything wrong, he called me in and said I was fired because I didn't do enough to prevent the attack. I was never even warned that my client was violent nor trained on how to prevent it. Can my supervisor fire me?
Q: Can my supervisor fire me?

A: "at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all"

Dillon

Q: Can my supervisor fire me?

A: "fired at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all"
isnt that great, he/she does not have to work with that loser supervisor and company anymore?

maybe we should do this " at will employment policy thing " with all our government servents - LOL

sounds better than term limits

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">