• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Robic "8" speed not recorded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scotts4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Recently received a citation from local police with ROBIC 8 noted. The ticket is marked 56 in a 25 in NATURE OF OFFENSE

The section62 remarks: (Distance 100 ft) but no time is recorded?

Any thoughts on this omission? Is there a requirement to label the time recorded? Is there somewhere else he should have noted it- am I entitled to know the time to check the calculation?

Secondly, I took pictures of the lines- same day ten minutes later. There is a substantial glare on the road which prevents seeing the second set of lines. Is this worth mentioning? I have made large picture of the road for my court appearance.

ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Maestro64

Without the time recorded, a key element of the offense is missing and you could win this ticket if you approach it correctly. Also the other important piece of information is the ticket requires miles timed not feet, and the Robic does not allow feet to be entered only miles or faction of a mile. Also challenge the actually did how did the officer know it was 100 ft, did he measure or did someone tell him, which is hearsay, he is require to prove the distance was actually 100 ft.

scotts4

Took 5 over plea no points

Fine remained. Seemed to be what they wanted.

If I had discovery and knew that they did not record the time, then I would have challenged it. Judge seemed ot say "sounds like a good deal." It's just money......

In the end, I was just glad it was over.

S

Maestro64

Well that is what they hope you do, take the 5 over and no points. You could have won that ticket that is why they offer the deal.

Also in PA discovery is not granted on speeding ticket, plus there is usually nothing to discover, you know everything you need on the ticket and what they are and are not allow to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">