• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wage verification and Proof of missed time from work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ct7357

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA I was involved in an auto accident 10/26/09 I missed considerable time from work after using vacation time I used sick time....due to all the time I was off work I was terminated. The Auto Insurance company of the driver that hit me wants proof of the days I missed from work on company letterhead. The company will not provide this information to me. How can I obtain it from my previous employer so I can settle with the auto insurance company?

swalsh411

Your former employer probably doesn't want to get involved.... and frankly I don't blame them. Will the other insurance company accept pay stubs showing the leave you had to burn because you were not able to work?

pattytx

Your employer has no legal obligation to your insurance company. Your insurance company may have to subpoena the records.

Not your question, but how much time did you miss relative to this accident? Did you have any unpaid time?

ecmst12

This wouldn't be OP's insurance company, it would be the insurance for the guy who hit him, and they aren't going to subpeona anything - if they don't get the proof, they don't pay, plain and simple. OP's attorney can file suit against the other driver and subpeona the records. And if he missed enough time from work to get fired for it, I'd guess the injuries were serious enough to warrent hiring a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">