• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice to organize a statement for a hearing on 9/1/2010

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alharpplayer

My State is MA

need advice to structure an argument for a hearing at DUA following my ex-employer denial of my eligibility for unemployment benefits secondary to my resignation as a medical condition emerged on the job due to stress.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then perhaps you'd better provide a few details as no one here reads minds.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My mistake, SJ. Sorry about that.

So, you want to tackle this one then? :D

alharpplayer

Worked as Nurse Manager. Due to extreme stress on a 42 bed Unit I manager with +20 residents with Total Brain Injury, I worked 8AM to 8PM every day for 4 month, then my blood sugar got high, Every day I woke up at 5AM eat breakfast at 6AM started my car at 7AM, had 5 minuted to eat at 5PM and left the facility at 8PM arrived home at 9PM, next day the same.

We were under staffed, I did the work of three employees.

I resigned ND FILED FOR UNEMPLOYMENT. I am 60 years old with a PhD from UCB and 22 years of executive career before I when to Nursing School in 2005, since my industry disappeared with the dot.com bust.

My ex-employer claims that because I resigned I am not entitled to unemployment which they have to pay.

Without protecting my health, in few more weeks I would to be a Diabetes patient, not employable in Nursing. SO I resigned, not claimed workers compensation but filed for unemployment.

Have all medical record to demonstrate stress impact on blood sugar during the 4 months employed there.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Worked as Nurse Manager. Due to extreme stress on a 42 bed Unit I manager with +20 residents with Total Brain Injury, I worked 8AM to 8PM every day for 4 month, then my blood sugar got high, Every day I woke up at 5AM eat breakfast at 6AM started my car at 7AM, had 5 minuted to eat at 5PM and left the facility at 8PM arrived home at 9PM, next day the same.

We were under staffed, I did the work of three employees.

I resigned ND FILED FOR UNEMPLOYMENT. I am 60 years old with a PhD from UCB and 22 years of executive career before I when to Nursing School in 2005, since my industry disappeared with the dot.com bust.

My ex-employer claims that because I resigned I am not entitled to unemployment which they have to pay.

Without protecting my health, in few more weeks I would to be a Diabetes patient, not employable in Nursing. SO I resigned, not claimed workers compensation but filed for unemployment.

Have all medical record to demonstrate stress impact on blood sugar during the 4 months employed there.
You resigned. Your don't seem to have a case for unemployment. You should file a work-comp claim...

pattytx

And, if the employer was big enough, and you met the length of employment criteria, you could have applied for intermittent FMLA, allowing you, upon your doctor's certification, to work fewer hours until your condition stabilized.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">