• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company over priced(really need advice)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

huddleston2209

Georgia,I had one of my pipes cleaned out and it was $600. The last company that did it charged $400. They plumber never gave me a quote he just told me it wouldnt be that much. He charged so much because he did way more than what was neccessary. Can I sue for that $200 in small claims court? Thanks

Antigone*

Georgia,I had one of my pipes cleaned out and it was $600. The last company that did it charged $400. They plumber never gave me a quote he just told me it wouldnt be that much. He charged so much because he did way more than what was neccessary. Can I sue for that $200 in small claims court? Thanks
You sure can. You can sue for whatever you want.:cool:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I know I can sue but will it hold up in court because I dont want it to be a waste of time?
Hold your contract up to the monitor and we can better advise you.

Seriously, you KNEW it was going to be expensive. You acknowledge the guy did the additional work. I don't see you as having much of a case.

CraigFL

Don't forget that your biggest right in this free market system is to NEVER use them again! You can even write that in a letter and have it delivered to the owner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">