• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment eligibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ams2016

California.
The bank I worked for was closed down by the FDIC. The FDIC sold our bank to another bank and all employees were given a 3-month contract. At the end of 3 months, I was offered another 3-month contract that included a 2-month retention bonus, if I stayed through the end of the contract. At the end of that contract period, the company offered me yet another temporary contract but we did not come to an agreement. Am I eligible for unemployment payments or would the fact that they offered me a new temporary contract that I did not accept preclude me from getting unemployment payments.

pattytx

It could, assuming that the state would consider the offer "reasonable". But always, always, file. You have nothing to lose; if you don't file, you certainly won't receive benefits.

What were the terms to which you did not agree that caused you to turn down the work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">