• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my legal rights on my purchase?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjlmbklr

Wisconsin law question:

I hope I choose the correct section, if not I am sure the moderators will move it for me.

I purchased a HDTV about 3 -1/2 years ago from a Sony outlet store in WIsconsin. I have had a great TV until recently I am suffering from a common issue that this model was known for. So I took a chance, but fortunately I purchased a extended warranty to cover my butt if I did have an issue. When I looked at the receipt I noticed they wrote it up as a KDS-60A2000 when in reality I own a KDS-55A2000. I believe I was charged for a 60" TV when I really have a 55". Which also means I may have paid more for the extended warranty since I believe it is based on a percentage of the purchase price.

So now what, what can I do. Can they refund me the difference after all these years? Can I say hey, I paid for a 60" where's my 60"?

What are my legal rights?

Thanks!

xylene

No, they have no obligation since you failed to notice it for 3 years.

They may give (voluntarily) you a refund, if you have proof that that you are owed an amount.

How much are we talking?

Of course they don't owe you a 60 inch TV.

tjlmbklr

No, of course in a "pipe dream" world a new TV would be nice I was only expecting a refund of the difference.

tjlmbklr

No, they have no obligation since you failed to notice it for 3 years.

They may give (voluntarily) you a refund, if you have proof that that you are owed an amount.

How much are we talking?

Of course they don't owe you a 60 inch TV.
For the record I called the store I bought i and they are going to give me a 20% voucher since they cannot determine the price difference from that long ago. But it did seem if they knew the difference they would at least give in store credit.

Antigone*

For the record I called the store I bought i and they are going to give me a 20% voucher since they cannot determine the price difference from that long ago. But it did seem if they knew the difference they would at least give in store credit.
How very nice and courteous of the store to go that extra mile for you. They certainly didn't have to.

swalsh411

What evidence do you have that you were charged the wrong price vs. an error on the receipt? Was the receipt hand written? You obviously thought at the time it was a fair price to pay for a 55 inch TV.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">