• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking lot fender bender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gardengirl2003

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I was in a trader joes parking lot, pulled up outside the front door to pick up my passenger. Foot on the brake, was not even there for 30 seconds... A guy backed out of his parking space right in to my car- dented the door, and scratched his bumper.

I did not put my car in park until he hit me... whos to say that a pedestrian couldnt have been behind him. He didnt even look in his rear view mirror but says I shouldnt have been there.

Whose fault?

gardengirl2003

he made it very clear that he was going to oppose it, I just dont want my rates to go up! Just wondering if the moving vehicle is at fault? Or does it depend on where I was? I was not "curbparked" just getting ready to let my passenger in... :(

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Oppose what? That he backed into you? It would be kind of hard for you to have caused the damage you described by you driving into him.

Did he have anybody in the car with him? Did your passenger witness the accident?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">