• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New travel trailer fiasco!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TMTUTS

In May of 2010 my husband and I bought a new travel trailer. Since then we have had nothing but trouble with it. One wall has a cracked seam which we were told was a factory defect. The kitchen cupboard door flew off the hinges hitting my wife extreemly hard in the head. The shower leaked and so did the toliet. Upon delivery the roof was damaged.

There were other problems but this is the worst of it. We have called the dealership and a repairman came out and fixed the leaks, said the wall needed a more intense repair and the cupboard doors were hung with the wrong screws! He said he needed to contact the maker of the tailer for warranty work.

One month later and we are still waiting. The dealership is saying that the wall may need to be torn down to repair and will be quite a lenghty process.

What are our rights in this matter? We thought we bought a new undamaged trailer and expected to receive and undamaged trailer. How do we know that fixing the wall won't be determental to the structure and cause more problems in the long run? Can we ask for a new trailer in replacement or do we have to let them fix this one?

Last edited:

BL

In May of 2010 my husband and I bought a new travel trailer. Since then we have had nothing but trouble with it. One wall has a cracked seam which we were told was a factory defect. The kitchen cupboard door flew off the hinges hitting my wife extreemly hard in the head. The shower leaked and so did the toliet. Upon delivery the roof was damaged.

There were other problems but this is the worst of it. We have called the dealership and a repairman came out and fixed the leaks, said the wall needed a more intense repair and the cupboard doors were hung with the wrong screws! He said he needed to contact the maker of the tailer for warranty work.

One month later and we are still waiting. The dealership is saying that the wall may need to be torn down to repair and will be quite a lenghty process.

What are our rights in this matter? We thought we bought a new undamaged trailer and expected to receive and undamaged trailer. How do we know that fixing the wall won't be determental to the structure and cause more problems in the long run? Can we ask for a new trailer in replacement or do we have to let them fix this one?
Since you waited a month ,file a complaint with your local Office of Attorney general-consumer affairs . Name the dealership,the manufacture,and warranty .

It may take a month to get a reply.

If it smells like a lemon ,it's lemon.

Request a replacement ,or better yet a refund.

Where is quality control ?

Manufacture defect my butt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">