• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband incarcerated; is it illegal to continue getting refills on his lortabs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mflint

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi
My husband was incarcerated in May, 2010. He had 4 refills on his lortabs at the pharmacy. The jail he is in does not allow narcotic medications, however, they have a hold on him in Texas and once there, he will be allowed to have them. If it unlawful for me to get his refills if saving for him since there is an expiration date of 6 months on them? I am just trying to make sure and have done several searches on internet and cannot find anything relating to this question...Thanks to all for advice and expertise.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You can't fill someone else's prescription.

The pharmacy won't process more than one refill anyway. The pharmacy should be tracking how much medication is dispensed and knows about when the refills will be ordered. You can't order all of your refills at the same time even if the prescription will expire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">