• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving in Ga

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fbester

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia.

I received a ticket for driving on the wrong side of the road, when I actually drove over the yellow gore to get in a left turning lane. The officer wrote that he warned me about driving over the yellow lines leading up to a turning lane, but cited me for wrong side driving. He also questioned my children in the back seat, and asked for my wife's driver's license as well. Can I fight this, since I never crossed the other side of the road, or should I just pay the $140 ticket?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What is a "yellow gore"?

If you crossed over ANY yellow pavement markings then you were driving on the wrong side of the road. Period. What are you questioning?

FlyingRon

"Gore" - a triangular piece of land or a small strip a land separating others.

(I was going to make a snarky answer about a squished yellow cat, but decided to avoid it).

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
"Gore" - a triangular piece of land or a small strip a land separating others.

(I was going to make a snarky answer about a squished yellow cat, but decided to avoid it).
I was thinking that maybe it had to do with global warming...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">