• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

danlh4

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danlh4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I signed a contract for roof replacement in July. I made partial payment of approx $4,000. I just received a letter from the roofer that they are going out of business, and stated they will refund downpayments when they collect from current jobs.
I am an 82 year old senior, and cannot afford to lose this money. I need advice on how to proceed to resolve the issue.
Please respond to [email protected]
Thanks,
Dan

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I signed a contract for roof replacement in July. I made partial payment of approx $4,000. I just received a letter from the roofer that they are going out of business, and stated they will refund downpayments when they collect from current jobs.
I am an 82 year old senior, and cannot afford to lose this money. I need advice on how to proceed to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan,

Please edit out your email unless you welcome the ton of spam you will be getting by leaving it up.

What did the company say to you when you called them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">