• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Loophole?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SilentJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
I was recently cited for possession of marijuana while visiting my old stomping grounds. I'm currently in Michigan from Arizona trying to figure out if I'm moving back or not. While being cited I was informed by the officer that according to the State of Michigan, I still have a valid drivers license, even though that license was surrendered to the State of Arizona to get what I'm still carrying now. The officer used the old address and license # on the citation, even after being presented my Arizona license. Is the citation valid? Could I walk into court without a lawyer and have this thrown out? Remember, I havn't legally moved back to Michigan, even though the citation says otherwise. Then again Michigan doesen't seem to know I left. What should I do? Do I have a legal out?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
I was recently cited for possession of marijuana while visiting my old stomping grounds. I'm currently in Michigan from Arizona trying to figure out if I'm moving back or not. While being cited I was informed by the officer that according to the State of Michigan, I still have a valid drivers license, even though that license was surrendered to the State of Arizona to get what I'm still carrying now. The officer used the old address and license # on the citation, even after being presented my Arizona license. Is the citation valid? Could I walk into court without a lawyer and have this thrown out? Remember, I havn't legally moved back to Michigan, even though the citation says otherwise. Then again Michigan doesen't seem to know I left. What should I do? Do I have a legal out?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nope:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">