• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So I put a deposit down on a car and the dealer sold it to ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clifforeman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I put a $200 deposit down on a car wednesday this week because I needed to pick the car I wanted first before the bank would agree to the loan. The loan got confirmed today and I called the dealer and they sold the car anyway! I even signed an Illinois Standard Buyers Order saying the car was sold to me(and it was signed by the gm/owner of the dealership).Anyone ever have a situation like this? Is there any legal action I can take?

Also if this is in the wrong section can you please move it to the correct one!

swalsh411

If the dealer doesn't have another car you want, get your money back and buy one someplace else. A dealership is in the business of selling cars. They aren't going to not sell a car to a willing buyer while another potential buyer tries to arrange financing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">