• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding at construction zone in New York

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rachel15NJ

Hi,

I received a ticket (uniform ticket to be exact) for driving over 70mph at 55mph construction site area in upstate new york.

I was speeding after the construction site ended (thinking that it is no longer 55mph), but the cop stopped me.

I did not see any specific fine on the ticket...but I plan to plea guilty...except for the fact that I was speeding THROUGH the construction zone.

Do you agree with my decision? and
What are some of the consequences? lots of fine and points?

Thanks.

ecmst12

You can't plead partially guilty. You'd need to plead not guilty and go to court and see if you can get the prosecutor to reduce the charge.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Maybe you were speeding in the construction zone because you didn't read the signs - just like you didn't read that this area of the forum has to do with vehicle accidents and insurance, NOT traffic tickets.

If you post your question in the correct place then you are much more likely to get useful answers.

MikeKV

I think that you were very lucky to get away with just a ticket. I'd pay it and move on. Why? I know a friend who was speeding through a construction zone in SC and was almost taken into the station. Cops take speeding through construction zones very seriously, and rightfully so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">