• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unaware of being charged,and a contempt warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

natie_mommy

state of illinois, i am conserned with the charges that i recieved last night. the charges are aggravated battery/ food poisoning. I haven't talked to from the police department until they came to my door with a paper that stated I had a warrant and arrested me. When I got to the mclean county jail, they showed me the warrant that stated that the arrest was on contempt- failure to appear criminal. the two questions that I have is 1. what can I do if the police did not read me my rights? (I have never in my life been arrested for anything) 2. how can they charge me and not contact me with anything or show me any evidence or have any evidence? i think that the only reason that they arrested me was to get my prints because they were not on file???????? What can I do I have to go to court completly "blind folded". I only have one month to figure this out if any one can help me I am begging for help. I am only 20 and I have a 2 1/2 year old at home and I can't afford a attorney nor do I know how to get one appointed to me as I said they didn't even read me my rights and I really don't know what they are. please help me, please!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">