• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a little help - Car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mum-of-2

Ok so I'm in the UK. I was driving on friday 13th (typical) on my way to get an MOT for my car. I was traveling at about 20 mph and applied the brakes before a roundabout as there was a queue. Unfortunately I couldnt stop. Despite the slow speed my car just carried on going. I have no idea whether I drove over something or what but I ended up bumping the car in front at a very slow speed as I'd used the gears to slow down but didn't think to use hand brake in case I swerved. There was no vehicle damage on either car. The woman I bumped came like lightning from her car swearing and cursing but once I explained what had happened she calmed down. I asked if she was okay and she said "Im absolutely fine and so is my daughter". My own little boy who is 2 years old was fast asleep in the back seat and was undisturbed by the comotion. Then once all parties had called relativeds and exchanged details etc or to be picked up, a man claiming to be from a personal injury solicitor turned up on the scene, the woman had called him before informing police!!! Police arrived and the officer asked the woman if she was okay, she replied yes, fine. Then she turned to speak with the injury claims person and I overheared him asking if she was hurt and she replied no. He then said I advise you to say your neck hurts as you can claim compensation for whiplash. She immediately grabbed her neck and informed the policeman of an injury on both her and her daughter!!!
An ambulance was called but no collars or treatment was needed and she drove her own car home.

Now what do I do as she is claiming against me for whiplash!?!?
I know she is a fraudster as I have seen her in town with her daughter shopping! What can I do?? Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">