• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repair Gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pipes_o5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New york

I sent a laptop to a guy in cortland ny to have a CPU fan replaced, stated it would only take 3 days. i waited the time frame the guy said it was done and i even agreed to pay for the shipping back to me, sent the money and then a day later i go emails saying that the screen now doesnt work, then his kid spilt a drink on it, then it was done and on its way. finally i got an email saying that the Motherboard was fried and he scraped the whole computer with out even asking me. he agreed to pay to have it replaced, so i sent a bill via mail and email. Keep recieving emails the money is on the way the money is in the mail, the wife will send it out tomorrow.

Got an email from his wife saying he was in the hospital with a heart attack. being the kind person i am i waited even longer. finally she stated she didnt have the full payment, i stated atleast send me something half and then later send the rest. i still have yet to recieve the money or a replacement laptop, his wife stated in an email that this is what they do for a living is fix people computers and laptops.

My question is what do i do from here, i have thought about doing a stolen property report or a small claims?

Need Help Fast

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">