• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear Ender Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quixiotic1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
My husband and I were rearended about a year ago. My car sustained $500 in bumper damage but my husband injured his back and was sent to emergency via ambulance on a back board. He has experienced alot of back related problems since the accident, and is now on pain pills. He has tried Chiropractics with no success. Two separate back x rays by two separate MDs tell us that at the point of injury from the accident...the xrays show increased abnormalities etc. The insurance company is saying that because this is a "low impact" claim, they will only pay the medical bills and no pain/suffering. They have stuck to this decision for about a year now. We have since paid off all the hospital bills etc (with the help of our medical insurance). I was only wanting $5K for pain n sufferring and also reimbursement of the medical expenses. I was wondering if I can split this claim into two separate lawsuits for small claims court. One claim for pain and suffering...and one claim for reimbursement of medical expenses. Also, our health care company is standing in line wanting to subrogate. Any help or alternative ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">