• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work Comp case in litigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

B. Budde

MN.-My work comp case has been in litigation for a little over one year. Everytime I ask my lawyer if he has any news,he says no. Isn't there a law that states how long a case can be in litigation before they have to go to court? Will I have to see a work comp MD? I had surgery last year on both of my arms for carpal tunnel. I keep getting medical bills in the mail. I have told my Dr's office many times that my case is still in litigation. Can they still continue to bill me and send harrassing letters? Should I tell them to contact my lawyer and is there anything my lawyer can do to make them stop bothering me? Thank you.

P

penstim

hello there...I'm sorry that you are going thru this,but about the bills,you need to send them to your employer's insurance carrier..They are the ones that MUST take care of that....
Tim

B

B. Budde

Hi Tim,
Thanks for your note. My previous employer was an HMO. So
my Dr and my employer and my insurance carrier are all technically one in the same. That's why I was wondering if I will have to see a Work Comp MD, due to the possibility of conflict of interest when your Doctor works for your employer??? The bills are coming from my insurance carrier who also send out my Doctors' bills. Confusing, isn't it?
I get the distinct feeling that they are trying to drag this out as long as possible in hopes that I'll say forget it.
Thank anyways.
Bonnie

B

B. Budde

Work Comp Medical Bills

Tim,
I was just thinking maybe you meant I was supposed to forward the bills to my employers work comp insurance carrier, not medical insurance carrier. If that's what you meant, they have already denied everything. That's why I got
a lawyer to begin with. I had changed jobs before I originally applied for work comp. My employer, that I originally had the problem with said my new employer should be responsible because I didn't require surgery until after I had changed jobs. My other employer, of course, denied for
preexisting conditions. Good news- my medical records were
well documented with work comp back to the original occurance.
BB

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">