• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motorcyle accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

32fow

Live in Ohio.
I was in a motorcycle wreck where someone backed out of there driveway and hit me as I was passing by. The other driver was sited. I had multiple injuries that had me off work for 12 weeks. My insurance company doesn't offer medical coverage for motorcycle policies and my health insurance through work will not cover all the expense since they transported me to a (out-of-network) provider that held me as a in-patient for 2-1/2 days.
The person at fault had minimum coverage which has left me with over $14000.00 in medical bills. The other driver has no assets and is laid off from work. Is there anything that can be done to have this person responsible for my medical bills?

justalayman

it's not a matter of holding him responsible for the damages. It is simply getting him to pay them.

If you signed a release already, you are stuck. If you haven't, you can sue him and at least obtain a judgment.

Have you filed an appeal with your insurance due to the emergency situation? Many insurers offer a different level of payment for emergency situations.

ecmst12

What you needed to have was sufficient underinsured motorist coverage on your auto policy to protect you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">