• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PhilJordan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi i was pulled over a few years ago and givin a ticket that turned into a warrant for FTA. A few months ago I was pulled over IN A DIFFERENT NEARBY CITY, and taken in, booked and released with a court date for the original ticket. I was givin a plea bargain etc, BUT the judge ordered me to go to the ORIGINAL CITY and be booked and released for this warrant. IS THIS NORMAL?? I was already booked/released on it...givin a court date..gone to court..etc..Why would I have to go to the original city police department and be "booked and released"?? thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi i was pulled over a few years ago and givin a ticket that turned into a warrant for FTA. A few months ago I was pulled over IN A DIFFERENT NEARBY CITY, and taken in, booked and released with a court date for the original ticket. I was givin a plea bargain etc, BUT the judge ordered me to go to the ORIGINAL CITY and be booked and released for this warrant. IS THIS NORMAL?? I was already booked/released on it...givin a court date..gone to court..etc..Why would I have to go to the original city police department and be "booked and released"?? thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Q: Why would I have to go to the original city police department and be "booked and released"??

A: ... the judge ordered me to go to the ORIGINAL CITY and be booked and released for this warrant.

CdwJava

If the FTA was for a different county, you will need to address THAT criminal matter in that county. That county may require you to be booked (i.e. printed and photographed) there.

You have gone to court, but have you been sentenced? If you are sentenced and not on probation, then I doubt he has any authority order this ... but, if you are still pending sentencing, you may want to do what the court orders lest you get hooked and taken to the original city and made a guest for a while.

The original FTA and warrant can only be handled in the original jurisdiction (county or city).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">