• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who is at fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I was traveling north bound on a two lane road. A guy in a truck rockets out of the intersection from the east and crashes right into the side of my car. I was within the flow of traffic and he hit me as I drove by him.
The op is saying that it is my fault because I swerved into the other lane, of on coming traffic. I find this to be ridiculous. I swerved to try and avoid him hitting me. He hit me direct on, that is to say I was pointing north to south, and he was pointing east to west. The front of his truck is damaged, and the side of my car is damaged.
His claim to being in the right is that by putting the front of his truck into traffic he had then been within the flow of traffic. Now remember, we are talking about the front of his truck going into traffic, blocking, partially the lane.
Please tell me is there any possible way I could share the fault of this accident. Even if I went all the way into the other lane he would still be at fault, correct?

ecmst12

You swerved AWAY from him and he still hit you? He is 100% at fault and an idiot. He wasn't in the flow of traffic, he was impeding it, and nothing gives him the right to go when there are other people there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">