• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randgmom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
I have another question my grandfather passed away last month, but my grandmother passed away before him 4 1/2 years ago. My grandma and I were very close and before she passed she told me that in their will they were going to leave all 7 of their grandchildren some money. So when my grandfather passed away, I asked my mom about this and she said my grandfather had changed the will and left nothing to the grandkids. How can I find out whether this is true or not?

randgmom

Ok so I guess I need to find out who has it, without making my mom's sisters angry at me for wanting to look at it, huh? When I asked my mom about she said that my grandfather changed it right after my grandmother died and that my dad and one of my uncles where there and signed it as witnesses, so I guess it was changed legally. I don't think probate has been opened yet, he passed away July 30, 2010. But then again, I have no idea, cause if I'm not in the will I won't get any notice to attend anything, right?

nextwife

The will gets filed in the county probate office. If probate has been filed, you can review the will at the county without going through family.

randgmom

Thank you for that information, I will go to the court house and see what I can find out from the probate court. Thanks again for your help, it is greatly appreciated.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">