• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on a accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ends615

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NV I was a passenger in a car accident 4-10-08 where the driver of the truck I was in was found at fault. When I took this case to my attorney he told me it would be no problem and it was around a $300,000 to $400,000 case. I was just notified by my attorney today that all we will be getting is $10,000. I have over $90,000 in medical bills and brain damage from this. I don't feel my attorney did what he should have done and felt that he wasn't doing what needed to be done for the past two years. I have talked to him about my concerns several times and he told me to just be patient. Well here I am getting screwed and I would like to know if its possible to have the state or another attorney review the case and everything my current attorney has done? there were multiple insurance company's involved and I don't see how I have to pay out of my pocket for another man's blatant mistake. Thank you for your help with this.

FlyingRon

What was your attorney's explanation for how a 300-400k case ended up being 90k?
Actually it's how a 90K case became a $400K case that is being settled for $15K.

I know the answer. The minimum required insurance is $15,000, subtracted a third for the lawyer's contingent fee and $10K is what is left.

ecmst12

If that's all the coverage there is, then that's all there is. Do you have underinsured motorist coverage on your own auto insurance? A passenger can potentially collect from both drivers, but only if they both shared some amount of fault. If the driver of the car you were in was 100% at fault and the other driver 0%, you can't collect from someone with 0% fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">