• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leak in condo caused damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swebb29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
I am a plumber and I work for myself. I was called out to a condo by a property management company to replace a leaking shower valve. The condo was an upstairs unit. I had to open the wall to replace it and there was wet insulation and drywall. After I replaced it I check for leaks and there were none. About 2 days later the property manager called and said there was a small drip on one of my joints. She turned off the water and I returned to fix that drip. The tenant below has sustained some damage to his celing and carpet and is wanting me to pay for it. My issue is that I was initially called out because of a leaking shower and that is what caused the damage. Even if the small drip afterward added to the damage it would be inconsequential. The property manager is pointing the finger at me. Any advice would be appreciated.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
I am a plumber and I work for myself. I was called out to a condo by a property management company to replace a leaking shower valve. The condo was an upstairs unit. I had to open the wall to replace it and there was wet insulation and drywall. After I replaced it I check for leaks and there were none. About 2 days later the property manager called and said there was a small drip on one of my joints. She turned off the water and I returned to fix that drip. The tenant below has sustained some damage to his celing and carpet and is wanting me to pay for it. My issue is that I was initially called out because of a leaking shower and that is what caused the damage. Even if the small drip afterward added to the damage it would be inconsequential. The property manager is pointing the finger at me. Any advice would be appreciated.
**A: understand that you area partially liable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">