• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Directory

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bkandre

I am an internet entrepreneur working up a business plan for an online directory. My goal is to have a website in which customers can subscribe on a monthly basis to post a profile to my site. Subscription would be through credit card or PayPal likely.

My question is, what must I do legally in writing for users to sign up for a monthly profile on the site.

I'm envisioning a terms of service statement with a box next to it that they check to agree to the terms.

Hope this makes sense.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your question is WAY too vague. You need to have a TOS that addresses your specific needs and protects you based on your exposures. It might be wise to consult with a local attorney for assistance.

Please note that even a strong TOS won't keep you from needing to sue or being sued.

FlyingRon

Further, you better check with PayPal and/or your credit card servicer to see what their requirements for recurring payments are. PayPal for example has a definite way they want subscriptions handled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">