• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned motorcycle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lperry085

Washington State

I'm sorry this is probably not in the right subsection, but I was unable to figure out exactly where it should go. A friend of mine, who was the previous tenant at the house that I rent, was to be fixing a motorcycle for a coworker. The coworker ceased his employment, and never made contact with my friend again to pick up his motorcycle. My friend has since moved out, and I moved in, and the bike has been sitting there for nearly a year now. I now have this bike that the owner seems to be uninterested in, and the mechanic that fixed it isn't interested in it either.

I have been told by friends that if I file an abandoned vehicle report then the local authorities will attempt to contact the owner, and if he does not respond within a certain time period then a title for the motorcycle can be issued to me. Is this true? If so, how do I go about filing this report?

ecmst12

Nope. If anyone has a claim to it, it might be the property OWNER. Certainly not you, you're just a tenant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">