• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear Ended- Liability Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Meagan Rose

I'm just looking for some opinions or advice from anyone who might have experience in Insurance or a similar scenario.

The other day I was rear-ended at a Drive-Thru. The other party busted up my trunk and rear bumper. The gave me all their information, admitted to fault, and went on their way. Their vehicle had no damage what so ever.

I called their insurance right away and they came and took photos and told me to call them in 1-2 days to see if they had an appraisal.

When I called, however, the adjuster told me that the other party told him that I put my car in reverse and backed into him!! Can you believe that! Like anyone would reverse through a drive-thru!!!

Anyway, now they are saying that the liability has "yet to be determined" and that the other party's vehicle needs to be appraised, then they will complete an investigation and determine who is at fault.

Has anyone had any similar experiences or heard of anything like this? What do you think will happen? Do you think they would actually believe this guy's ridiculous story?

I'm just freaking out because I need my trunk fixed and more importantly, I would HATE to see this guy get money for rear ending me!!

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated, Thanks :eek:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Did anyone see the crash?

By the way, I have seen people drive backwards in a drive through when they drop their money out the window. I have seen many strange things that wouldn't be considered "normal".

ecmst12

It is MORE COMMON for the struck vehicle to have more damage then the striking vehicle. That's not a 100% rule but you can try using it in your negotiation.

Did perhaps any of the drive through employees see the accident?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">