• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Raffle winnings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pete51

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I won a raffle for a Branson vacation package, which included lodging, attractions, and meals. When I tried to redeem one of the prizes (valued on the raffle flyer at $400), I was told that the business had changed ownership and that they would not honor the prize. It turns out that the ownership change occurred before the raffle drawing. What recourse do I have. Can I go after the group that staged the raffle?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I won a raffle for a Branson vacation package, which included lodging, attractions, and meals. When I tried to redeem one of the prizes (valued on the raffle flyer at $400), I was told that the business had changed ownership and that they would not honor the prize. It turns out that the ownership change occurred before the raffle drawing. What recourse do I have. Can I go after the group that staged the raffle?
Sure - small claims is the way to go if the organization won't make good on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">