• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Final Distribution Deed"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DDDDDD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

New York

Please feel free to move this post to it's appropriate location. I didn't know how to classify it.

Hello...

My mom passed and left me the house, with a mortgage. (There is a will) My attorney filed all the necessary paperwork and the house is now deeded in my name, however, the mortgage on the house is still in my mother's name. The mortgage company is willing to put the mortgage in my name "without qualification" as long as I am a blood relative of the deceased (I am her son) and they have a copy of the "final distribution deed." They also want proof I'm a blood relative. (Birth cert. is OK.)

My attorney has never heard of a "final distribution deed."

I'm at wits end here because CitiMortgage customer service will not let me get past a customer service rep concerning this matter, speak directly to their legal dept. They tell me the definition of a "final distribution deed" is available through google. My attorney says this isn't done in NY, it would be part of the letters testemery? OR letters of administration?

This issue seems so unreal to me.

My attorney offered a soultion, to get my own mortgage and have the "estate" sell me the house. But the house has a 15 year mortgage @ 5.25% of which 8 years is already paid. I have an IRS levy so I'm sure my own credit would not qulify me for my own mortgage taken out in the traditional way.

I have been paying this note of my deceased mother since 12/2006. I would LIKE to be able to legally declare the mortgage interest on my income taxes.

I went to the County records dept where things such as wills, letters, and property deeds are what they record, and all they deal with. NOBODY there has heard of a final distribution deed either.

Could this be something done only in some states, but not NY?

Thanks in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">