• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandchildren

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Moviegirl54

Since the beginning of my daughter's marriage her husband has done everything imaginable to control my daughter's life. He moved her away from her family - would not let his children meet their mixed cousin. He is an alcoholic and a gambler and didn't hardly give my daughter support. Now after my daughter asked him for a divorce - she was under so much stress she wound up having a mental breakdown. He put her in a psychiatric hospital for 38 days and they diagnosed her as being manic. She is on medication and home with us now and he moved in with his mother very close by. My daughter has been out of the hospital and fine and taking her medicine and he will not allow her to see her children. I cannot stand this anymore. He has a restraining order against her here in this state and one also in the state where they lived. Over a month and a half my daughter has not been able to see her children and this man is using her illness to keep the children away from her. I know that it was obvious to him that my daughter was no longer in the state of mind she was in when she went in the hospital - very obvious. But my thought now is that he knows if the kids see her now - they would know she is okay and how would he explain not allowing her to see them. He started documenting every single thing that was happening to my daughter from the second her mental breakdown began - obviously to build a case against her and to keep the children. It is sickening to me that he is using this to keep the children because he knows there is going to be a divorce. The history of this family is such that no one else is good enough for them. I know first hand by the treatment I received by his mother before they got married. It was as if I was the enemy.

I want to know my rights as a grandmother - can it hurt my daughter's chances of getting her kids back if I press for my rights as a grandmother. I just can't stand this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">