• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Delaying Return of Repoed Jet Ski after Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zewski

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

We had our jet ski repoed by the bank. It was a voluntary surrender (we were summoned to go to court, but settled outside of court). The agreement was we paid the balance owed on the ski and the attorney fees for work they had done.

We paid the balance, then were told when the bank received the invoice from the attorney, we would be contacted so we could pay it. This is all to happen within 60 days of the surrender of the ski. We called the bank to get what we owe the attorney, the bank says they will mail. We receive it, we call to make arrangements to pay and then pick it up, the bank says that they now need to call the attorney's office to be sure that there are no other charges, they will call us right back. The 60 days is up in 4 days. It has been long enough to call the attorney and call us back.

Can they do this? What can we do?

swalsh411

What part of "60 days" is not clear to you? You didn't make your payments on time and now you are demanding they do things faster than they are required to do?

zewski

I think you are misunderstanding. We have been asking the bank for the last 45 days to give us the balance. We just received it, when we called to make arrangements to pay and pick up the ski, they then said they needed to make sure there were no other charges. Which they just called and it went from $503.00 to $903.00 plus a battery. We were waiting on them. The upped th price when we called to make the final payment. We didn't wait, till the last minute, they did.

I am not disputing that we owe them money. I am questioning the process that they have taken!

Antigone*

I think you are misunderstanding. We have been asking the bank for the last 45 days to give us the balance. We just received it, when we called to make arrangements to pay and pick up the ski, they then said they needed to make sure there were no other charges. Which they just called and it went from $503.00 to $903.00 plus a battery. We were waiting on them. The upped th price when we called to make the final payment. We didn't wait, till the last minute, they did.

I am not disputing that we owe them money. I am questioning the process that they have taken!
The process is definitely not pleasant ~ it isn't meant to be. You are at the mercy of the lender.

Pay what you owe and the extra fees and then be a good boy and play nice with your toy so this doesn't happen again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">