• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing Title on Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjincm

California - My aunt had a “Irrevocable Trust” in effect when she passed away naming my sister and I as co-executors and also left everything to us, each receiving 50%. We are in the process of changing the title on her house that she co-owns with her sister and brother, each owning 1/3%. My question is do I use a quit claim or grant deed when I file the title change with the County Recorder’s office?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

nextwife

HOW is her interest held? How is title held BETWEEN them? This affects whether there is any interest to transfer.

If in the trust, you'd use a Trustee's Deed if there is a transfer to do..

sjincm

All I have is a quitclaim etablished on 04/20/2006

My Aunt's Brother - his name, a unmarried man as his sole and separate property, My Aunt who passed - her name, an unmarried woman, and My Aunt's Sister - her name, an unmarried woman all as joint tenants do hereby remise, release and forever quitclaim to My Aunt, Trustee of the My Aunt Trust established on 09/21/2006, My Aunt's Sister, Trustee of the My Aunt's Sister Trust established on 09/21/2006, My Aunt's Brother, Trustee of the My Aunt Trust established on 10/03/1989, all as tenants in common the following real property etc...

HomeGuru

My Aunt's Brother - his name, a unmarried man as his sole and separate property, My Aunt who passed - her name, an unmarried woman, and My Aunt's Sister - her name, an unmarried woman all as joint tenants do hereby remise, release and forever quitclaim to My Aunt, Trustee of the My Aunt Trust established on 09/21/2006, My Aunt's Sister, Trustee of the My Aunt's Sister Trust established on 09/21/2006, My Aunt's Brother, Trustee of the My Aunt Trust established on 10/03/1989, all as tenants in common the following real property etc...
**A: what a mess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">