• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment order Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MonicaJean

My state is Wisconsin

My question is this, I have a order for protection(no contact) against my ex-husband. Now I just got notice that I am to appear in court because he has filed a harrassment order against me. I filed a police report 2 weeks ago because he has been harrassing me through e-mails and broke the order for protection(no contact). Here's the question,
Will he be able to obtain a Harrassment order? Since I already have a order against him? This is clearly a retaliation against me for filing charges against him.

Thanks for your help!

L

lawrat

Well, i think the court would see this as a retaliatory move.

your best bet is hire an attorney to really get him -- not only on the individual violations but on this retaliatory move.

M

MonicaJean

Lawrat, thank you so much..... I want to be clear on this...Can he get into trouble for bringing me to court and having me served through a 3rd party, because of the order for protection against him?(No contact through 3rd party or phone,work,mail, in writing or where i live etc...?

H

honestme

If you can, try to figure out what he may be trying to use accuse you of harassment. Bring to the hearing, any documents or wittnesses-(best) that could prove you were not harassing him. Can't hurt to bring too much, just in case.

Also bring all proof that he has harassed you. That will further prove your point of retaliation.

The third party contact by the process server is probably an exception to the order, but you should still bring it up in court as his pattern.

Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">